Saturday, May 15, 2010

A few more blogs I love

You know those times when you are waiting for something and you have a few minutes to spare?  The other day, I was sitting around waiting for my yoga video to download (yogatoday.com if you are interested--great site!!)  and I was thinking about some wonderful people in my life who also have blog projects going on.  If you have a free moment--maybe you're waiting for your yoga video, maybe you're waiting for your tea water to boil, or maybe you really wanna look at some cool blogs, check these ladies out....

First off is Carin's site, The Scent of Freedom.  This blog used to be a place for recipes and political discussions but it morphed into the chronicle of her new vegetable garden's progression.  If you like gardening or are interested in the local food movement, this is a great one to check out--she and her soon-to-be hubby Chris are turning 1500 sq. ft. of land into a fantastic oasis of veggies, fruits, and flowers.  Her latest post includes this quote from Lewis Grizzard-- "It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato".....how true!

A fellow book clubber, Kat, who enjoys cooking and eating just as much as I do has a recipe journal called Kat is Cooking.  Her recipes always sound so yummy and creative.  Her latest post is all about homemade potato salad.....not the kind where you use mayo out of jar, the kind of real homemade salad where you make the mayo from scratch!  I've never done that before but I'm tempted to try--I remember when Julie Powell describes how difficult she found making mayonnaise in Julie and Julia so I'll have to see for myself what it's like.

Lastly, another JVC roommate, Martha, is a very talented knitter and shares her projects at Knitting by Martha.  She is very fast!!  Although I love knitting, I usually take it up in the winter and tend to leave it behind once the sun comes out again so my projects go very slowly.  Her most recent project is a gorgeous afghan.  Now if only I could have the patience to complete such a big undertaking....

If you have some time to spare, take a look at these sites.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Gretchen! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Gretchen! And you should definitely try making your own mayo - it's not too hard, I know you can do it! It works best with a big bowl and a big whisk... Good luck, and let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am honored! You are so sweet for including me in that roundup. Hopefully that oasis of veggies, fruits, and flowers you speak of is more than just a mirage. Love ya dude! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete